|EducationUniversity of Florida, Florida State UniversitySimilarStephanie Abrams , Todd pistol , valley Burns|
Jennifer Lopez is one American on-camera meteorologist because that WSB-TV in Atlanta, Georgia and also The Weather Channel. She started her career in 1997 in ~ WTLV-TV in Jacksonville, Florida, and also joined The Weather Channel in 2000. She stayed there until 2008, once she began working at KXAS-TV in Dallas, Texas. She left KXAS-TV in 2012. She rejoined The Weather Channel in April 2013.
You are watching: Why did jennifer lopez meteorologist leave
1. Jennifer Lopez"s husband is a pilot through Southwest Airlines.
2. Except for the name, Lopez has actually nothing in common with the American singer the the very same name.
3. NBC 5 won 11 Lone Star Emmy Awards if Jenifer was working through them as a meteorologist anchor.
4. When while Jennifer was about to walk on wait at her studio, a young guy approached her & inquired if "real Jennifer Lopez" was going come visit the studio. She nodded in a yes. The excited man, however, realised later on that the woman he was talking to is Jennifer Lopez herself, not the singer and also actress but the bulletin host. She said the guy looked in ~ her, turned beet red and fled.
5. Complying with all the confusion, Lopez additionally decided to switch to her married name in the year 2000. But the channel management advised her no to perform so as her American husband"s castle was very much difficult to pronounce.
6. Joking about the same, Jennifer when said the the twinning of her name with the well-known singer and actress also has part plus points, specifically while booking an appointment at a salon. The employee gets excited and also gives her an prompt slot, she said.
Jennifer Lopez (meteorologist) Blooper
In September 1997, Lopez landing her an initial position as a weekend meteorologist for WTLV-TV in Jacksonville, Florida. She was also a weather producer and also weekend meteorologist at WPTV-TV in West Palm Beach, Florida.
In may 2000, Lopez join The Weather Channel together on-camera meteorologist. She ended up being the co-host of the pm Edition, which was referred to as Evening Edition at the time. In march 2002, she speak at the 15th yearly Working Women"s survive Show, pointing out her career as a meteorologist. She left the network in 2008.
In June 2008, she came to be the weekday morning on-camera meteorologist for KXAS-TV in Dallas, Texas after ~ a nationwide search for a replacement because that seventeen-year veteran Rebecca Miller. In 2009, NBC 5 Today, the morning news routine for KXAS, and also for which Lopez was the meteorologist, winner a Lone Star Emmy Award. In November 2010, she participated in the Spokes for Hope charity event, whereby she helped construct bicycles for underprivileged children. She left KXAS in march 2012.
On April 20, 2013, Lopez went back to The Weather Channel law weather updates during taped programming and also was an on-camera meteorologist ~ above Weather center Live.
Lopez is a member of the American Meteorological society (AMS), where she stop the seal that approval in television.
See more: Calories In 3 Oz Roast Beef And Nutrition Facts, Pot Roast, Beef, Au Jus Nutrition Facts
Lopez graduated v a Bachelor of science in telecommunications indigenous Marquette University. Lopez"s 2nd degree was a Bachelor of science in Meteorology native Florida State University. She and her husband, a Southwest airline pilot, have actually two daughters.
More sdrta.net Topics
ReferencesJennifer Lopez (meteorologist) Wikipedia
(Text) CC BY-SA